Roasted parsnip and cauliflower soup
- 1 kg parsnip, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 head cauliflower florets
- 1 large onion, cut into rings
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vadouvan
- 2 litres vegetable stock
- 1 ½ tablespoon GOOD ROOTZ
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200˚C.
- Spread parsnips, cauliflower, vadouvan, salt and pepper onto a baking sheet or baking dish and drizzle with oil.
- Roast vegetables for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a high pot with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and simmer the union. Add the garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- Pour the stock into the high pot, add the roasted vegetables and bring to a boil.
- Once the vegetables are soft and stock is hot, remove the pot from heat. Transfer into a blender or mix with a hand mixer.
- Puree mixture until it’s smooth and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the soup over 4 bowls.
- Mix 1 ½ tablespoon of olive oil with 1 ½ tablespoon of GOOD ROOTZ and drizzle it over the bowls.