Basque cheesecake with caramel sauce
- 1 kg cream cheese
- 335 gr sugar
- 6 eggs
- 75 gr flour
- 500 ml cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (extract)
- 1 teaspoon salt
Ingredients caramel sauce:
- 125 gr sugar
- 125 ml cream
- knob of butter
- 2 tablespoons of Good Rootz
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Wrap a springform pan with a large piece of baking paper, covering the underside of the pan and extending 5 cm above the top .
- Combine the cream cheese and sugar and mix until fully combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat on high speed until just smooth.
- Add cream, vanilla and salt and beat for another 30 seconds.
- Turn off the mixer and sift the flour into the mixture. Continue mixing the batter on low speed for 30 seconds. Make sure its well-blended, but don’t over-beat.
- Pour the batter into the springform and bake for 1 hour.
- Lower the heat to 150˚C and bake the cheesecake for another 30 minutes.
Instructions caramel sauce:
- Let the sugar caramelize in a saucepan with a thick bottom.
- Then carefully add the cream and Good Rootz and stir until smooth.
- Add a knob of butter and a little bit of salt.