Roasted carrot salad with pomegranate dressing
For the salad
- 2 bunches of carrots
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 bunch watercress
- 250 ml Greek yogurt
- 1 pomegranate (seeds)
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon coriander seeds
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
For the dressing
- 3 teaspoons pomegranate syrup
- ½ garlic clove grated
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon GOOD ROOTZ
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200˚C.
- Peel the carrots with a vegetable peeler. Leave 2 cm of the greenery on it.
- Cut the carrots in half lengthwise.
- Place the carrots on an oven tray and mix in the spices and olive oil. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of GOOD ROOTZ and place tray in the oven.
- Roast the carrots in the oven for about 15 minutes, check with a knife whether they are done.
- Cut the pomegranate in half and beat the outside of the fruit, over a bowl, until the seeds fall out.
- Peel and slice the avocados.
- Cut off the bottom of the watercress.
- Grease a bowl with the yogurt. Drizzle some olive oil over it.
- Divide the watercress over the yogurt, place the avocado on top, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Divide the carrots over the avocado.
- Make the dressing with the ingredients and spoon the dressing over it.
- Sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds, pick the coriander leaves and divide these over the salad.